April 17, 2013

The Visual Picture...

The other day, I was driving down a busy road when I came upon a traffic light that was both green and red at the the same time. I slowed, unsure of what I should do. I finally made it through the intersection and thought about this unusual happening.. It was as if God were showing me a visual picture of what it's like when a person is indecisive in her obedience to Him. We can't seek to follow God wholeheartedly if part of our heart is being pulled in a different direction. We can't pursue the radically obedient life and still continue to flirt with disobedience in certain area of our life. We can't be both red and green toward God at the same time. It get us nowhere. It's confusing. It's dangerous.

written by Anna Parsons


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and to comment on them. God Bless!